It seems to be deals season for First and Business travel, as they’ve been springing up everywhere. There are some great flight deals with Qatar Airways from Scandinavia at the moment. How much should you pay for a business class flight? Read our blog here to read our analysis! This should help you navigate around whether it’s a good deal or not.
Finding these offers, especially with Qatar Airways is a great way to get you to Silver or Gold status very quickly. We’ll talk about the benefits of getting status in a different blog.
Qatar Airways Business Class deals from Europe
Return prices in business class from European destinations:
- Gothenburg – Perth £1,900
- Gothenburg – Singapore £1,396
- Helsinki – Sydney £2,200
- Oslo – Bangkok £1,300
- Oslo – Kuala Lumpur £1,400
- Oslo – Bali £1,530
- Oslo – Shanghai £1,490
- Oslo – Cape Town £1,330
- Oslo – Auckland £2,300
- Stockholm – Phuket £1,405
- Stockholm – Hong Kong £1,342
- Stockholm – Ho Chi Minh £1,451
- Stockholm – Melbourne £2,148
For cost comparison, a flight from London Heathrow to Sydney in Qatar Airways Business cost around £4,300. It might help balance out “The Catch”.
Also, all of these departure points feature either Super Diamond (reverse herringbone) or QSuites, so you’re guaranteed a great seat. Beyond Doha you’ll need to check your aircraft type.
You’ll have to spend time and money travelling from the UK to one of the European cities. As some of the flights takeoff in the morning, you might also have to spend money on a hotel overnight. This hasn’t been a problem for us, as we love visiting the different European cities.
However, we tend to spend our Avios for these short haul flights, instead of spending money as reward flight availability to Scandinavia on British Airways is generally very good.
Book by the 2nd September 2019
Travel date: Valid on/after 9th September 2019 – on/before 31st August 2020
- Departure points: See above
- Book by: 30th September 2019
- Travel until: 31st August 2020
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
- Inbound: Permitted Monday to Friday on the first international sector
- Minimum stay: 5 days / Max. 3 months
- Sectors: 2 each way
- Frequent flyer points accrual: 100%
- Booking class: R
- Refundable: For a fee
- Cancellation: For a fee
- Changes after booking: For a fee
- Stopovers: Unlimited stopovers permitted in Doha but must not exceed 96 hours. All stopovers for the purpose of connection may be eligible for accomodation. Itineraries where shortest stopover option is more than 8 hours and less than 24 hours. Contact Qatar Airways for full details.
How to Book
Use Google Flights calendar feature to find the cheap travel dates for this Qatar Airways flight deal, then follow the links to book with Expedia. Alternatively, you can use Skyscanner to find the different options.
You can also book directly with Qatar Airways.
We have flown on Qatar Airways business class from Oslo, Stockholm and Gothenburg on similar flight deals. They’re are all good airports to fly from and are easily reached with a short positioning flight. Look out for our blog, reviewing what it’s like to fly from these airports and cities.
A long haul flight on Qatar Airways will get you very close to British Airways Silver status which opens up all the OneWorld lounges to you, even if you’re travelling economy. The flights listed above will earn you 540 tier points, close to the 600 tier points you need to gain status.
If you fly British Airways business class from London Heathrow to Stockholm you’ll earn 80 tier points return. From there, all you need is to fly another return British Airways flight to complete the requirements to gain silver status.