British Airways are offering double Avios on flights booked before 13th December. The good news is that flights booked in current seat sale are also eligible for double Avios! You must, however, register for the promotion before you book any flights or you won’t receive the bonus. Register here.
The offer is also extended to British Airways holidays. Where you would previously earn 1 Avios per £1 spent, you’ll now get 2 per £1. This is particularly good when you consider you’ll earn double Avios on the flights flown as part of the holiday and earn 2 Avios per pound spent on them and the hotel and/or car rental.
Remember also: these offers can be used in conjunction with your British Airways American Express or Amex Membership Rewards cards, further boosting your Avios earning. Read more about tips to boost your Avios earning.
The bad news? Existing bookings are ineligible. If, like us, you already took advantage of the sale, you’re out luck!
If you’ve already book a flight in the sale with BA (after 29th August), you can still claim double Avios, just be sure to register for the offer, then add your flights using this form.
In their own words:
You can now enjoy double Avios on up to ten flights, including domestic flights in the UK. Even better, if you book a holiday you’ll collect an additional 2 Avios for every £1 spent.
All you need to do is register and book by 13 December 2019 and travel by 30 June 2020.
- You must be a UK-based BA Exec Club member
- You must register for the promotion BEFORE you book flights
- You must book at ba.com or the British Airways contact centre
- Double points are awarded up to a maximum of 10 flights (5 return journeys)
- Codeshares are largely excluded, with the exception of transatlantic flights operated by American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America